We propose to build a Green Energy District as the model for modern green development, consistent with the environmental imperative of our time. The combination of scale and diverse deployment of green technology willdemonstrate the viability of green new deal concepts forcommunities throughout the city.
An energy district is a network of integrated systems that provide heating, cooling and electricity from clean energy. Synergies between the systems result in much less total energy use than if the buildings were serviced individually. An energy district is highly efficient - it uses natural energy flows, recovers and re-purposes energy, and saves building owners and occupants cost.
Learn More about Sustainable Cities
Learn More about Energy Justice
We are developing a high-performance energy system based on geothermal technology.Throughout the design process additional green energy technologies can be integrated withinfrastructure, including:
○ Fuel cells
○ Solar Energy
○ Battery Storage
○ Wastewater Energy Recovery
○ Snow melt
The highly efficient system for the One45 site alone -even without a broader district system provides a broad set of community benefits
○ Improved public health and cleaner air
○ Improved HVAC performance, thermalcomfort, and air quality for tenants.
○ Reduced rates of long-term illness such asasthma associated with particulate emissions
○ Reduction of 1,000 Tonnes of Carbon emissions annually; equivalent to eliminating1.5 Million vehicle miles annually
One45’s proposed district energy system utilizes adiverse set of energy sources to provide heating and cooling throughout the community. This advanced electrification strategy utilizes state-of-the-art pump technology to achieve premium efficiencies and virtually eliminate greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy Sources Include:
Ground Source Heat Exchangers(‘geothermal”)
○ Water Source Heat Exchangers via
○ Subway de-watering system
○ River water intake system
○ Waste water intake system
○ Fuel Cell Energy
○ Solar Electricity